I was approached by a fantastic new custom guitar company called Double Slit Guitars to put together a video for the “Proton” prototype guitar.
This was my first guitar testing video so I wanted to make sure that I wrote riffs that really showed the tonal options of all the pickup configurations.
You can check out the great builds coming from Double Slit Guitars here.
The spec for the “Proton” is as follows
- Front Of Headstock Flame Cherry / Back Of Headstock Walnut
- Traditional Shaped Head Stock
- Ebony Nut
- Flame Maple Neck With Center Ebony / Rosewood / Ebony Stripe
- 26 Inch Scale / Wide Neck Profile
- 24 Frets
- Figured Ash Fretboard
- Abalone Fret Inlays
- 2 x Bare Knuckle “Mule” Pickups
- 3 Way Selector Switch
- 2 x Abalone Volume Controls With Coil Taps
- 2 x Abalone Tone Controls
- Vintage Style Wiring
- Schaller 456 Bridge With Fine Tuners
- Schaller Locking Tuners